Using Third-Party Sensors with RobotC
When RobotC is first downloaded, it is configured to recognise only LEGO sensors. It is necessary to change this configuration to allow the use of third-party sensors (e.g. HiTechnic, MindSensors, Firgelli, et cetera). This can be done by:
- Starting RobotC,
- Selecting the Window menu heading and
- Selecting the Menu Level setting of Expert.
- Selecting the View menu and the Preferences/Detailed Preferences options; a window entitled "RobotC Preferences" will appear on the screen.
- Select the NXT tab, and left-click in the four (or however many you need) boxes below the heading "Allowable 3rd Party Sensor Types".
- Left-click on the "Apply" button,
- Left-click on the "OK" button,
- Choose the "File" menu heading and left-click on the "Exit" option.
This process is illustrated in the videos below. Note that some videos can be expanded to a full screen by clicking on or in the lower right-hand corner of the video screens.
Your version of RobotC can now accept third-party sensors - good work!
Free tutorial - copyright Dr. Graeme Faulkner 2011 - www.DrGraeme.net